Farmers on the Square in Carlisle, PA is an amazing place to not only find the best of locally produced organic foods, but it is also a great place to bring your family to learn about healthy eating and living. This open-air market is operated by farmers who work and live within fifty miles of Carlisle, Pennsylvania making its products “local” in the true sense of the word. Many of the product offerings are seasonal but there is always a wide variety to choose from no matter when you visit.
The market is located at 2 N. Hanover Street in Carlisle, PA and is open every Wednesday, rain or shine, during the months of May through November. They are open from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and during the colder months of November and December, the market is moved indoors.
In addition to fresh picked fruits and vegetables grown using no chemicals, there are many other examples of the organic lifestyle for sale at Farmers on the Square.
- Calcutts Spices freshly grinds and toasts their artisan spice blends in-house.
- Waterwheel Tea offers hand packaged tea bags and loose teas with fun names like Bee Tea, Fire Tea and Nuts for Tea.
- Earth Spring Farms contributes eggs fresh from free-range chickens on their 42 acre produce farm.
- Torchbearer Sauces creates garlic, barbeque, and hot sauces as well as curry, salsa and mustards which are all natural, gluten free and hand bottled on the farm.
- Lancaster Hummus offers artisan hummus, salsa and guacamole. Their hummus flavors include Lemon Kale, Sweet Pumpkin, Garlic, and Chocolate Cherry.
- Celtic Knot Alpacas handcraft hats, scarves and the like from Alpaca fibers. They may soon begin to offer kits for those who want to make their own.
Other Products include:
Beeswax and honey products
Pies, cakes and baked goods
Organic berries, fruits and sauces
Jams and jellies
A variety of organically made breads
Fresh prepared meats from local livestock
Un-homogenized milk, yogurts, and cheese
Arranged and cut flowers
Granola, cookies and other healthy snacks
Many of the farmers involved in the market come from generations of farmers before them who worked passionately to perfect the organic creation of their products. These farmers enjoy sharing their knowledge and helping to educate others on the importance of eating and living organically. Some open their farms at various times for visitors with an interest in learning more about their processes.
Spend a day in nature with your family at Farmers on the Square!